Event Participation will equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to participate in a range of cultural or sporting events.
Aims & Objectives
- Identify a range of amenities associated with cultural and sporting events locally, nationally or internationally
- List events, displays, exhibitions, competitions, or performances for an area of cultural or sporting interest
- Describe promotion methods used by venues to disseminate information about an event
- Plan to attend an event either as an audience member or a participant, identifying transport routes to venue, opening times, current performances or exhibitions
- Obtain information about the event including its focus, key works or achievements, historical background
- Obtain information about the venue including amenities, support staff and information points
- Take an active part in a cultural or sporting event as an audience member or participant
- Describe the personal impact of participating in a sporting or cultural event
- Discuss some benefits of cultural and sporting events, including economic impacts.
This course is offered free of charge to social welfare recipients subject to a minimum number of participants.