This workshop provides non-profit supervisors and managers, with insight into how best to motivate and performance manage trainees participating in work placement schemes.
By the end of the workshop supervisors and managers will:
- Understand how to conduct the trainee induction process
- Explain the challenges to be overcome when training work placement participants in a limited time frame
- Understand the keys ways in which people are motivated to perform effectively in a work setting
- Be able to create a role descriptor for work placement positions
- Identify the key areas of employment law that must be considered when managing work placement participants
- Identify the range of ways that progression can be achieved within a work placement setting