This course is to equip the learner with the knowledge, skill and competence to interact constructively with people, from a position of self-awareness and social sensitivity, in a limited range of social contexts.
Aims & Objectives
- Develop a sense of self-knowledge and self-awareness
- Understand and demonstrate decision-making skills
- Communicate assertively.
- Compile a personal profile.
- Design a personal plan of action.
- Distinguish between personal rights and responsibilities.
- Recognise the main social and cultural factors which can influence identity.
- Illustrate that decisions are a normal part of everyday life.
- Identify a range of decision-making styles.
- Reflect on the experience gained from personal decisions taken.
- Explore the nature of passive behaviour.
- Explore the nature of aggressive behaviour.
- Explore the nature of assertive behaviour.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of aggressive, passive and assertive behaviour.
- Outline the characteristics of effective listening.
- Identify the key stages involved in the negotiation process.
This course is offered free of charge to social welfare recipients subject to a minimum number of participants.