Charities Regulation & Compliance
The workshop takes a practical look at what charities and voluntary groups need to know to remain compliant under each act.
If you can answer ‘Yes’ to any of the following questions, then this workshop is for you! Is your community group formed as a Company Limited by Guarantee (CLG) ? Does your group have a CHY number from the Revenue Commissioners? Are you registered with the Charities Regulatory Authority? Does your community group have a charitable purpose for public benefit? Would you like to clarify your responsibilities under the Companies Act 2014, Charities Act 2009 and Regulation of Lobbying Act 2015? All three acts can be applicable to community and voluntary groups.
The workshop takes a practical look at what charities and voluntary groups need to know to remain compliant under each act. Key topics include:
- Legal duties of directors and company secretaries arising from the Companies Act 2014
- The implications of the Companies Act 2014 for CLG and what groups should be discussing with their accountants
- The implications of charities regulation for annual reporting, fundraising, grant applications and financial accounting
- Information required to register as a charity and make an annual return
- The conditions in which a voluntary group may have to register as a lobbyist
PGCE (Post Graduate Certificate in Education) Graduate Diploma Advanced Materials BSc Applied Physics Alice has over 10 years’ experience as a trainer and has been the manager of Mobile IT for the past two years. During that time, she has been responsible for organising courses, curriculum design and recruiting and pre-screening for courses, running courses and ensuring sufficient support post course.