What is eBay?
eBay is the world’s online marketplace; a place for buyers and sellers to come together and buy or sell almost anything!
Here’s how eBay works:
- A seller lists an item on eBay, from antiques to cars, books to sporting goods. The seller chooses to accept only bids for the item (an auction-type listing) or to offer the Buy It Now option, which allows buyers to purchase the item straight away at a fixed price.
- In an online auction, the bidding opens at a price the seller specifies and remains on eBay for a certain number of days. Buyers then place bids on the item. When the listing ends, the buyer with the highest bid wins.
- In a Buy It Now listing, the first buyer willing to pay the seller’s price gets the item.
Buying and selling on eBay is easy and it’s fun.
can shop for almost anything on eBay.
Here’s how to get started: Register for an account (not necessary as can checkout as guest)
Why should I register?
Registration is fast, easy, and free.
Once you’re registered, you can:
- Buy, sell, and interact with other members.
- Save your favourite searches and get notified whenever items you’re looking for appear.
- Watch the status of up to 200 items.
- View your eBay information from any computer in the world.
- Connect with the eBay community.
How do I buy an item?
You can shop for almost anything on eBay. Here’s how to get started:
Find an item.
- Find an Item.
Enter keywords into the search box at the top of any page, or browse through our list of categories on the homepage.
2. Learn about the item you found.
Read the item description carefully
3. Review the seller’s Feedback.
View the seller’s business reputation by looking at his or her Feedback score, and read the comments left by previous buyers to be sure that this is a seller you feel you can trust.
4. Bid or Buy It Now.
Check the listing page to see what purchase options are available. You can either place a bid on an item or purchase it instantly using Buy it now. Remember, all bids are active until the listing ends. If you win or click Buy it now, you’re obliged to complete the transaction.
5. Pay for the item. After you’ve won or bought the item, send your payment to the seller within 3 days. To pay with one of the electronic payment methods offered by the seller, click the Pay Now button in the listing or email notification. If you’re picking up the item, you can pay by any method the seller accepts (including cash).